Sunday, August 21, 2011

Branson or Bust - Day 2

So day two we rode the ducks.  And I tell you I wanted to ride these things because of the show Undercover Boss.  It turned out to be the most fun thing of the day.
Quack that Quacker!
Lance driving the duck and Lacey supervising
Our duck driver was Captain Gramps!  He was an amazing guide.  He was funny and educational all at the same time. 

He took us to one of the dam's on Table Rock Lake.  It was pretty amazing to see just how big it was.  The other thing that was hard to get over was how high the water was on one side and how low it was on the other.

Gramps also showed us the hatchery.  I was skeptical when my husband said he wanted to go, but after we got there I was having just as much fun as the kids.  You could pay $0.25 to feed the fish.  Now this wasn't like at the zoo where you pay $0.25 and get maybe ten pieces of food.  It was a good size hand full.  The fish were jumping all over the place to get some food.
Each of these caged pits were full of fish.

The fish were all sizes but they were the same size in each pit and there were several hundred fish in each pit.

After the hatchery then it was time to do some shopping.  We went into a leather shop with a guard by the name of Branson Bob.  I thought my daughter would freak out by the sight of him but all she did was say hi.  It made me laugh so hard I almost cried!

And last but not least on the shopping tour, we stopped at Dixie Outfitters because General Lee and Rosco's Sheriff's car was parked outside.  We then made our way inside where I purchased a pink 01 General Lee baseball cap.
We ended the day with pizza.  It was a fun filled day but a very tiring one too!  It is so much fun being on vacation!

1 comment:

  1. WE loved going on Ride the Ducks! Looks like you are having fun! Jenny

    ReplyDelete