Thursday, September 1, 2011

Branson or Bust - Day 4 & Day 5

Day 4 in Branson was going to be a relaxing day of walking around downtown and shopping.  Our first stop was Bass Pro.  This store even though it is geared towards men still intrigues me.  Looking at all the various equipment one can buy to do a sport such as fishing is unreal.  All the bait and poles and lures, and even the sonar device to look into the water to see how deep it is and if fish are down there just blows my mind.  Then there are all the clothes to go along with it.  Like I said I could spend hours in there.  But then the real fun happened....we got stopped to enter our names into a drawing for a new truck.  Little did we know that not only was this a chance to enter us into a drawing for a new truck but also it was a time share deal as well.  And because the gift was Bass Pro gift cards...you know who jumped in with both feet.  The time share deal ended up to be the worst experience ever and about two hours and ten minutes of our lives that we will never get back.  But on the bright side the power bait that we bought with the Bass Pro gift cards helped us catch lots of fish the very next day.

We did eat at an amazing mexican restaurant and had a nice time walking down by the water looking at all of the shops.

Then I am pretty sure you all know what we did on Day 5...that is right we used that power bait we bought at Bass Pro to catch lots of trout!  I haven't fished since I was a kid and all we caught were some cat fish.  I have never been good, or even really had to do anything with putting a hook on a line or even baiting a hook.  That was a boys job and this girl was not into it.  But with my husbands help and a no yucky worms to place on a hook I learned how to put a hook on my line and even bait my hook.  Now I think I am a pro!

We fished at Lilley's Landing.  It was a great little community, if I may call it that, with small groupings of fully furnished little apartments.  We were very close to the dock which is where we did most of our fishing.
The first day we tried to fish as a family and that last probably a whole thirty minutes.  They kids were to antsy to sit still for too long.  So my husband fished and I took the kids to play on the playground.  And wouldn't you know it that as soon as we left he caught a fish.
Well then it was game on for me.  I wanted to catch all my alloted fish before he did.  I think we eneded up in a tie but it was sure fun for me to catch my first fish.

And yes I was cheesing for this picture because I was so excited!
And here I am again trying to catch another fish.
Then both me and my sister in law caught three total in a matter of minutes.  It sure was a lot of fun!

Then the boys decided to try their luck out on the lake.
All in all we had a good day of fishing.  And I am sure I will go trout fishing again!

Here are some just pretty pictures from off the dock.  They were just too cool to pass up.

No comments:

Post a Comment