Wednesday, July 20, 2011

ANIMAL INVASION!!!!!!!!!!

Okay maybe the animals didn't invade us...maybe we just acquired a few.  I have an absolutely huge heart for animals.  I would do anything for them.  They are loving and loyal no matter what.

I have had an obsession with animals ever since I was little.  I would love on them for hours.  We had dogs, rabbits, cats, lizards, birds and we even had a garter snake for a few days once.  I worked for a vet when I was twelve.  I cleaned out kennels but I didn't care.  I would do whatever it took to be near them.  I even was able to save four puppies that had been dropped off at the clinic one day.  I bottle fed them and then was able to give them away at six weeks completely happy and healthy.

The first pet I was able to buy on my own was my dog Reebok.  He is a Pomeranian.  I picked him up on Super Bowl Sunday my senior year of high school.  This year he is thirteen years old and I can honestly say I don't know what I would do without him.
Then around Christmas time I got the bug to get a puppy.  I talked my husband into getting a Corgi.  We named him Rocky and the kids loved him very much.  But the day before memorial day we had an accident and lost Rocky.  It was heartbreaking for the whole family.  We have missed him very much.
After I decided to stay home I thought that the kids needed a fish.  I went out and bought a tank and had plans to buy the twenty eight cent fish at Wal-Mart.  Well the day came to get the gold fish and it was just my luck that they were out of them.  We ended up with a $5 fish that we named Spiffy!  He has been a pretty good gold fish.
Then on monday I went to the humane society and picked up three cats.  We needed mousers for the farm and for the house.  I took two females to the farm.  Their names were Soxy and Trina.  And we kept Frankie.  He is six years old and we are still working on talking him out of the garage to do his job.  He is very sweet and I hope he sticks around for awhile.
And last but not least the newest addition to the family.  His name is Cash Cowboy...Cash for short (we couldn't decide on a name)!  After we lost our precious Rocky, I was on a mission to find another Corgi.  I looked high and low.  I even looked in Kansas City.  I was a crazy lady trying to fill the void.  After going into Wichita one day, I passed a country store of sorts.  That got me thinking that maybe they knew of someone that had Corgi's.  And that was the day I found Cash.  He is a Austrialian Sheppard/Welsh Corgi cross.  He is a blue merle (that is the name of his coloring).  So far he has been loving, playing and sleeping.  The whole family is in love with him.
And so concludes the ANIMAL INVASION of the Winter Household.

No comments:

Post a Comment