Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Dreaded Dieting & Exercise!

I think I can...I think I can...I think I can.  I know I have been down this dieting and exercise road before but it has been a long time.  So I decided baby steps are the way to go.  I started out this morning by eating an apple thinking I would be full and let me tell you right now my body is screaming at me saying bring on the sugary kids cereal.  But I am going to try and stay strong.  It is going to be even harder when I go to the grocery store this morning because there will be items calling my name from the selves.  But again think positive, I keep telling myself and I can do anything I put my mind to.

Okay so it is a few hours later and I made it home in one piece from the grocery store.  If items were calling my name I didn't hear them.  YEAH ME!  I only picked up things on my listed that I needed.  I didn't go down the cookie or candy isles...I thought about it though.  I ate a decent lunch. I did sneak one spoon full of home made ice cream, but that was all I SWEAR!  And am now listening to Tom and Jerry as my son and husband watch contently.  It is nice to have my two boys spending some much needed cuddle time together.

My next goal for the day is to pick up this house from the birthday party I had last night for my mom, and then to do my chore for the day. And if I can find space for it, try to get on the treadmill for a run.  Notice I put it last.  That is because I am dreading it so much.  I used to love to run and now I think about getting back into it all the time and then something else takes its place like sleeping or watching TV.  I have got to find motivation for this working out thing. I know I can do it...I have done it before.

And now that it is almost time for bed I can tell you that my day did not go the way the above paragraph stated.  It took me awhile to get ready for the day and yes I know it was after lunch but hey somedays are just like that.  Then I took my daughter and went to the doctor's office.  Once I get to the doctor's office they tell me that my appointment has moved days.  That was news to me...I don't remember getting a phone call.  Thankfully they found a way to squeeze me in, and thank goodness they did because it is a 45 minute drive from my house to the east side of town.  Then, I was supposed to meet my mom after my appointment to get some Skin So Soft.  It is supposed to help with chiggers, so I was picking it up for my husband, because he has a bad case of them, but then I didn't meet my mom at her house.  I went to the humane society instead and meet her there.

The purpose for the visit to the humane society was to get the farm some rodent catchers (cats as other people like to call them).  I found out that if you get adult cats from the humane society, they only ask for a donation.  My mom came to help me because I wasn't sure what all the trip entailed and I needed help keeping my daughter entertained while I tried to figure out what cats would be good to hang out at the farm.  So guess what...I ended up with THREE cats in my car.  Two went to the farm and one ended up here at the house.  Oh and so did the Skin So Soft for hubby...he is quite thankful!

So once again something took the place of things that I needed to get done or wanted to get done.

But take a look at this face and tell me if you could pass him up in the humane society.
His name is Frankie and he is a lover!  His job will be to keep this house free from little furry varments that try to invade the house this winter.  Hopefully he does a good job.

But back to the task at hand, no exercising in today's plan.  Hopefully tomorrow will be better.  I just have to loose the baby weight that just keeps following me around!  I wish I could just find that magic eraser everyone is talking about!

No comments:

Post a Comment