Saturday, July 30, 2011

One of those days....oh wait I mean weeks.

Have you ever had one of those days.  The day where everything does not go how it is supposed to go?  Well I have had one of those weeks.  Every day it seemed like something blew up.

So today I decided I wasn't going to let today be added to this bad week.  We got up this morning, ate breakfast, got dressed and then I decided to put on make-up.  I haven't done this a whole lot since I have been a stay at home mom because no one sees me.  But I tell you what, it does make me feel more put together and hopefully it will make my day feel more put together.

Then we decided to go on a walk.


I thought it might be a good way to start the morning.  And I was right.  The kids had fun walking and looking at things on the road west of our house.

Then we saw some hay bales.  I remember as a kid us having hale bales in our meadow and that we always wanted to climb up on them.  It wasn't until I was much older that I could actually do it.  So I thought it would be fun for the kids if they could get on top of them.

My son thought he was on top of the world standing on this hay bale!  We almost made it to our neighbor's house before we decided to turn around and come home.  It was getting pretty hot out and it was only 930.  Which reminds me...please pray for rain.  The crops need it bad.  And so does all the livestock.

Then I cuddled with the kids for a little bit while we all watched Spongebob.  Listening to their little giggles just makes my day.

We then helped my husband take down a neighbor's swing set so that we could take it over to my parents house.  My dad is in the process of finishing a two story play house for the grandkids.  This thing is more a mansion than a play house so the swing set should just be the finishing touch it needs.

And last but not least we made our way to Newton to enjoy the little shops up and down the main drag of their downtown.  This is the best way for me to get out and shop and not have to spend money.  It is neat to go to little towns and just take in all the different shops.  I have been to Lindsborg, McPherson and Yoder.  Now I can add Newton to the list.  I think I would also like to go to Buhler one day too.

The spell has been broken...today has not been added to the week of problems.  So glad that is over!  Look out next week here I come! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment